The Northern Ireland Agricultural Research and Development Council (T/A AgriSearch), is a charitable organisation whose mission is to drive innovation and sustainability in ruminant livestock farming, as a trusted, valued conduit of knowledge and innovation based on sound science, and widely applied research.
AgriSearch is currently recruiting a new Project Officer to work principally on a large European Project called Sustainable Permanent Grassland (SUPER-G). AgriSearch’s role in the project will centre around:
- Co-ordinating detailed on-farm assessments on innovative practices relating to permanent grassland both in Northern Ireland (and across Europe as AgriSearch is leading this task).
- Conducting surveys and questionnaires relating to the management of permanent grassland in both lowland and upland environments.
- Arranging and conducting workshops with farmers and other key stakeholders to discuss:
- Permanent grassland management in relation to ecosystem services delivery.
- Main issues for permanent grassland management, including co-innovation workshops to discuss the results of field experiments.
- What farm level decision support tools should be created (including co-ordination of workshops across Europe as AgriSearch is task leader).
- Co-development of farm level permanent grassland tools.
- Review existing decision support tools for permanent grassland management.
- Road testing innovative practices on farm.
- Knowledge exchange activities with an emphasis on social media.
Purpose of Role:
- To assist in the implementation of the SUPER-G project for AgriSearch
Reporting to the General Manager the Project Officer will have responsibility for:
- Coordinating activities, resources, equipment and information
- Monitoring and tracking the project’s’ progress and handling any issues that arise
- Acting as the point of contact and communicating project status adequately to all participants
- Using project management tools to monitor working hours, budget, plans and money spend
- Reporting and escalating to management as needed
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Helping arrange dissemination / knowledge exchange activities including events, website, social media, press articles, etc.
- Tertiary level qualification in agricultural, environmental, biological science or related discipline (either awarded or due to be awarded by July 2020)
- Awareness / understanding of diverse permanent grassland production systems
- Good understanding of the agri-food industry
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including social media
- Good interpersonal and persuasive skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- As travel throughout Northern Ireland is essential the successful candidate must have a full valid driving licence and access to a form of transport that will permit them to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- Experience in project management
Time: 37.5 hours per week
Based at: Hillsborough, County Down
(It is anticipated that there may be occasional travel to Europe during the project).
Salary: Circa £22,000 (depending on experience).
Contract term: This role is a fixed term contract for a minimum of 3 years. There may be an opportunity to extend the contract, subject to funding and performance.
An information pack can be downloaded by clicking HERE
An application form can be downloaded by clicking here
Deadline: Completed forms should be submitted by Monday 10th February 2020 at 12 Noon