Project Leader: Debbie McConnell
A detailed on-farm survey will be designed and distributed to dairy farmers across Northern Ireland. This project aims to better understand the barriers to improving both grass production and utilisation, and milk from forage.
- Evaluate current farmer attitudes towards grassland production and milk from forage
- Consider the reasons behind the decline in milk from forage production
- Understand the factors affecting farmers attitudes to grassland production and utilisation and milk from forage
- Identify major perceived challenges farmers face when seeking to improve milk from forage and grassland efficiency
- Consider the suitability of milk from forage as an industry figure to benchmark technical efficiency
- Identify any future research requirements to improve milk from forage production on NI dairy farms