Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI), College of Agriculture, Food and Rural Enterprise (CAFRE), Livestock and Meat Commission (LMC), Northern Ireland Meat Export Association (NIMEA), National Beef Association (NBA) and Ulster Farmers’ Union (UFU) have joined forces to deliver a series of beef webinars with a focus on sustainable beef farming for the future. The four webinars are specifically tailored for farmers and will focus on solutions that can be employed to further increase the sustainability of the beef industry in Northern Ireland. Speakers will include farmers, industry representatives, researchers and advisers, and the webinars will provide important messages for all involved in the local beef industry.
The cross-cutting themes that the webinars will address include production efficiency, environmental sustainability, resilience and supply chain.
The webinar will take place on 21st October 2021 at 8pm. To register to attend, visit: Webinar Registration - Zoom
The fourth and final webinar will demonstrate sustainable beef supply chain initiatives in practice. The webinar will be designed to show how the supply chain is responding to demands from the consumer for sustainable food. The webinar will give an insight into the following:
- Consumer and customer demand for sustainable beef.
- The Dawn/Dunbia group’s response to the climate change challenge.
- Northern Ireland’s beef supply chain response to the climate change challenge-measure to manage.
- A farmer’s insight to completing a carbon balance calculation.
- Beef processing sector’s strategic overview of the challenges and opportunities for NI’s sustainable beef supply chain.